Annette Frahm, principal of FrahmComm, has the skills and experience to tell your story.
She started her communications career using a typewriter and X-acto knife. Now she shoots video and film with a digital SLR and blogs one-handed.
Annette uses film, video and writing to help organizations tell stories that educate and inspire. She has decades of experience in environmental communications.
Annette can help you find the essence of your message and translate it to engage people and make a difference. She can help you understand your community and create strategies to have an impact.
Annette is passionate about creating a sustainable future for the planet and about sustaining active lives for herself and other aging athletes. Her life would be hollow if she couldn’t go to the mountains to hike and ski. At home, she loves to cook, garden and indulge her cats.
- Special Recognition Award, Worldwide Women’s Film Festival
- Best Documentary, Women’s Only Entertainment Film Festival
- Best Film, Cine City
- Award of Merit, Best Shorts Competition
- MarCom Gold Award
- Videographer Award of Distinction
- Clarion Award, Association for Women in Communications (2014 and 2010)
- Second place, Healthy Aging Partnership film festival
- Puget Sound Champion, Puget Sound Partnership
- Savvy Award, 3CMA/City-County Communications and Marketing Association
- Bronze Award for Show Garden, Northwest Flower & Garden Show
- Silver Anvil Award, Public Relations Society of America
- Outstanding Personal Service Award, North American Hazardous Materials Management Association
- Blue Pencil Award, National Association of Government Communicators
- Board Member, Seattle Documentary Association
- Women in Film Seattle
- Advisory Council, Sound Action
- Association for Women in Communications
- Master of Communication in Digital Media, University of Washington.
- M.S., Environmental Sociology/Energy Policy, Cornell University. Graduate Fellow.
- B.A., Social Science, Michigan State University. Phi Beta Kappa, Honors College.
- Owner and principal, FrahmComm (formerly Sage Enviro), Seattle, WA (2003-present).
- Communications specialist, City of Seattle Office of Sustainability and Environment (2012-2013).
- Green Shorelines outreach coordinator, Lake Washington/Cedar/Sammamish Watershed (WRIA 8; 2011-2012).
- Communications planner, media spokesperson and project manager, Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County (Metro/King County), Seattle, WA (1992-2003).
- Environmental policy specialist, Battelle Seattle Research Center, Seattle, WA (1991-92).
- Publications manager, Puget Sound Water Quality Authority, Seattle, WA (1985-91).